I’m sorry for those of you out there who love this product, but I can’t say I do! I bought this in the hope that it would act as a gentle cleanser on my skin to help relive any clogged up pores. But unfortunately, I haven’t got the results I envisioned!
There are a couple of positives that I’ll share with you, but honestly I feel like my spots have worsened in the two days since I started using this product. I realise that a couple of days isn’t that long to trial a product; but, if you have easily reactive skin like mine, you’ll understand that sometimes persistence isn’t the best option!
What it says on the tin….
It’s designed for everyday use as the powerful MicroClear technology and exfoliating micro-beads unclog pores to clean deeply and help eliminate spots and blackheads. The refreshing scrub gently purifies the skin without over drying, while a wave of pink grapefruit uplifts the senses with a burst of invigorating freshness.
– It smells beautiful. The grapefruit in this product gives it such a lovely fresh smell that made the mornings more bearable.
– The price tag is very reasonable! Although it’s frustrating to spend money on something you’re unlikely to use again, at £4.99 I’m not overly bothered.
– It’s pink!! I know this may sound like an odd reason to like something, but it’s so rare to see a pink beauty product.
– I immediately developed tiny spots on my nose, as well as increased oiliness on my T-zone. My skin seems to have reacted with this product, and I can really notice. Not only have I developed more spots, but there is a significant increase in oiliness. As a result I’ve began wearing more make up to try and cover up, which isn’t great in this muggy weather.
– The texture doesn’t feel nice. I prefer exfoliators that have a soothing creamy texture to them, with the individual beads easily distinguished. This wash on the other hand has the same fine consistency, which feels grainy, and actually similar to rubbing fine sand grains against my face.
I’ve heard stories of how good others have found this product, so I’d be really interested to hear anyone else’s thoughts! Unfortunately for my oily/sensitive/combination skin this was not a winner!